Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Round Top Rings

Here are 3 new rings where all round cabochons are 30mm in diameter. I used 1-1/2" diameter sterling backing so that there is room for tiny custom inscriptions on the edges adjacent to the bezel. They are huge and will certainly be attention grabbers.

I just bought stones of various types and sizes that can be custom made into rings to fit anyone or necklace pendants. You can contact me through my Etsy or Artfire shops. I've created separate listings at each shop if you want personalized inscriptions. This way, there is no obligation to have a piece of jewelry bearing any messages.

This cabochon is a Chinese jasper with striking maroon red, freeform color spots set against a gray background. It reminds me of the plum blossom painting at my parent's house, which has dark pink and red flowers against a white background. The painting was the work of one of the last Qing Dynasty imperial scholars, Yu Yao Yum. Click here to see a similar painting.

An agate that reminds me of Orange Dreamsicle.

A fossilized coral that looks like a photo of chrysanthemums.

1 comment:

Metalicious said...

Wow, these are fantastic! I love the cabs! Nice work.